1) Create the pot to any size and weight specifications that you want.
2) Add structural integrity to the cut edge of the pot.
3) Give the lip of the pot a nice, smooth “finished” look.
4) Retain the inherent lightweight aspect of the pot.
5) Provides an interior “lip” for a lid to rest on.
The pot that I demo in this video has a capacity of 22 ounces and weighs in at a mere 1oz. The ring itself weighs only 7 grams, which really helps to keep the total weight of this lightweight cook pot to a minimum. By constucting the pot to a smaller capacity, you can reduce the weight even further.
*Note: I did not come up with the original idea for this ring. There are aluminum rings of this sort that are being made and sold which are of much greater quality. I simply offer here an idea that I came up with that affords you the option of making a homemade version to save money. To see one of the actual machined aluminum rings, please refer to the link below. Thanks!
Video demo by WoodenArrows – “Fosters Beer Can Pot Made With Aluminum Ring”:
Copyright 2011 – IntenseAngler Outdoors – All Rights Reserved