Today we are making Critical Kushmass Gingerbread Cookies featuring Organigram cannabis/cannabis oil.
The Wellness Soldier is helping Canadian Veterans with cannabis cooking and healthy living information and education. Visit www.thewellnesssoldier.com for more information.
Cody Lindsay is the Lift Canadian Cannabis Award winner for “Top Cannabis Chef” ( https://canadiancannabisawards.com/winners/cca2017/ )
For more information about Organigram cannabis and cannabis oils please visit organigram.ca
To learn how to make cannabis butter, please see our other video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j0hWJpgLdg&t=18s )
Makes approx. 3 dozen
3 Cups All-purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Ginger, ground
1 3/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1⁄4 tsp Cloves, ground
6 Tbsp Butter, unsalted / Cannabis Butter
3⁄4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs, large
1/2 Cup Molasses
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Lemon Zest (optional)
Your dosage of Cannabis Oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 deg. Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well blended.
3. In a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, your dosage of cannabis oil per cookie, and eggs on medium speed until well blended.
4. Add molasses, vanilla, and lemon zest and continue to mix until well blended.
5. Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
6. Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours. (Dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, but in this case it should be refrigerated. Return to room temp before using.) Preheat oven to 375°.
7. Place 1 of the half portions of dough on a lightly floured surface.
8. Sprinkle flour over dough and rolling pin. Roll dough to a scant 1/4-inch thick. Use additional flour to avoid sticking.
9. Cut out cookies with desired cutter– the cannabis leaf is our favourite, of course.
10. Space cookies approx. 1 inch apart.
11. Sprinkle sugar on top of cookies (or allow to cool and brush with powdered sugar glaze, or decorate with royal icing.)
12. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
13. After cooled decorate as you wish.
Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy